Standard Tour Operator Terms & Conditions
- All rates are quoted in South African Rand and inclusive of 15% VAT. Tourism levy not applicable.
- All rates are nett and non-commissionable.
- All are private & confidential and are valid for the international inbound group and FIT bookings only. Rates are not applicable for corporate, government or South African guests.
- All rates are subject to change without prior notice. Umbhaba Eco Lodge reserves the right to increase rate accordingly should Government Taxes or levies be amended, or should a further tax or levy be introduced during the duration of this agreement.
- Umbhaba Eco Lodge reservations reserves the right to limit the number of rooms available on the contracted STO rate and therefore rooms are subject to availability of allocation rooms in this rate category.
- Check-in time is from 14h00. Check out time is 11h00.
FIT & Group Reservations
- FIT rates apply to all bookings with 9 Clients or less (excluding driver and/or guide accommodation).
- A group constitutes 10 Clients or more (excluding driver and/or guide accommodation).
- All reservations, cancellation and amendments to be made with the Umbhaba Eco Lodge reservations office in writing.
- For groups:
- 60 days prior to arrival, the property will require the tour operator to confirm if the group will travel. Tour operator to provide indication of amount of rooms required for the group with a provisional rooming list (pending rooming list available).
- 45 days prior to arrival, the property will request final confirmation of number of rooms required and updated rooming list (pending room list available).
- 30 days prior to arrival, the tour operator to provide final rooming list. Guide details and contact number required at time of rooming list.
- Property to make contact with the guide to confirm ETA of group and confirm breakfast requirements and meal plan prior to arrival. Guide requested to advise property if any change in ETA prior to arrival to ensure smooth check-in.
Upon receipt of rooming list for group reservations 30 days upon arrival, the property will forward a pro forma invoice for prepayment, required within 5 workings days of invoice issued.
- FIT cancellation policy
- No cancellation fees up to 08 days prior to arrival 07 – 01 days prior to arrival 75% cancellation charge No show 80% cancellation charge
- Group cancellation policy
- No cancellation fees up to 30 days prior to arrival
- 29 – 22 days prior to arrival (25% cancellation charge)
- 21 – 15 days prior to arrival (35% cancellation charge)
- 14 – 08 days prior to arrival (50% cancellation charge)
- 07 – 01 days prior to arrival (65% cancellation charge)
- No show (80% cancellation charge)
Groups and series: minimum 2 night stay between December the 15th – January the 5th of each year, unless negotiated with General Manager.
- Guide / Driver
- 0-10 Paying passengers: R450 BB driver or guide, subject to availability of rooms.
- 10 Paying passengers +: 1 Full FOC guaranteed on groups meal plan.
- 15 Paying passengers +: 1 Full FOC guaranteed + 50% discount for guide on groups meal plan.
- 20 Paying passengers +: 2 Full FOC guaranteed + 50% discount for guide on groups meal plan.
R 20 pp payable by the guide unless prepaid by the operator/added to the Master Account. Guide must pay porterage to lodge reception whereupon a receipt will be issued. Any porterage not settled by the guide prior to departure, will be invoiced to the tour operator.
Additional adult & Child policy
- Child 0 – 12 years will pay 50% for Meals, if they are sharing a room with their parents
- Third person older than 12 years sharing with two full paying adults will pay R350.00 per night BB
POPIA Complaint PAIA Manual
Website Terms and Conditions